Board 3.0 - Changes and Suggestions

Tsunami

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
27,773
Likes
3,057
#27
Bill Lehecka said:
Yes.  Unfortunately, that fancy quick reply was becoming the center of attention, which caused paging through a topic to be a pain in the ass (ie focus on the bottom instead of the top of the page)...

To get all fancy after you type, click on "Preview" and then you get the full WYSIWYG editor.


Removing the WYSIWYG editor from the quick reply should make pageloads a bit quicker, too.
[move]I love a good work-around. [/move]
 

Bill Lehecka

General Zod
Staff member
Messages
34,784
Likes
309
#28
And in reality, a Quick Reply area should be just that, a quick reply. You can quote, and if you know the Emotes by heart, use them, but if you want something fancier, go into full edit mode.  And with that, you can see how your post will look.
 

EstherB

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
15,750
Likes
3,597
#29
I can't even get the quote I want to respond to to open...just a small window that says "retrieving quote" which sits there forever...  It's probably something I've done, but I'm putting it out here anyway.
 

Bill Lehecka

General Zod
Staff member
Messages
34,784
Likes
309
#30
EstherB said:
I can't even get the quote I want to respond to to open...just a small window that says "retrieving quote" which sits there forever...  It's probably something I've done, but I'm putting it out here anyway.
I think it's a page load thing.
 

EstherB

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
15,750
Likes
3,597
#32
Mine too!  (I'd quote you, but I can't...).

Although if I pull up the preview screen, it will post the first time.
 

EstherB

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
15,750
Likes
3,597
#35
I'm at work, so it's IE7.

It worked at home last night where I have IE8  (I hope that's what you meant...)


I did post yesterday while here...
 

Penfold

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Messages
38,515
Likes
1,463
#41
Avs still seem to not want to show up for me.  I usually have to refresh a page to get the avs to appear.  This is true both with Safari on my iBook at home as well as my PC at the office.  Curious...
 

Bill Lehecka

General Zod
Staff member
Messages
34,784
Likes
309
#42
Penfold said:
Avs still seem to not want to show up for me.  I usually have to refresh a page to get the avs to appear.  This is true both with Safari on my iBook at home as well as my PC at the office.  Curious...
What's your screen resolution?
 

Bill Lehecka

General Zod
Staff member
Messages
34,784
Likes
309
#44
Penfold said:
1024x768 on the Mac.  Not sure what it is at work, but I think it's the same...
That's why. It's because the avatar is wider than the sidebar. The av disappears.  I get this on my netbook. Try using a narrower av.
 

Kuke Reynoso

Personal Assistant
Staff member
Donator
Messages
8,426
Likes
811
#48
Bill Lehecka said:
[ youtube = horizontal, vertical ] Video [ /youtube]
There is nothing wrong with your e-mail machine. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. Zod is controlling transmission. Zod will control the horizontal. Zod will control the vertical...
 

Smirking Chupacabra

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
53,625
Likes
4,494
#49
Kuke Reynoso said:
There is nothing wrong with your e-mail machine. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. Zod is controlling transmission. Zod will control the horizontal. Zod will control the vertical...
"... all hail Zod ..."
 

drjoek

SportsCenter Head
Messages
137
Likes
0
#50
Maybe I'm not that bright but can someone point me where I can turn off avatars and signatures if that feature is available. I went through my profile settings and could not find it
TIA
 
Top