Game of Thrones

Marleykiss

Personal Assistant
Messages
16,223
Likes
243
#1
Does the HBO run of dominating series continue?  When you stuff an hour drama full of T&A, beheadings and dwarves....you've announced your presence with authority.
 

Smirking Chupacabra

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
53,343
Likes
4,196
#2
Marleykiss said:
Does the HBO run of dominating series continue?  When you stuff an hour drama full of T&A, beheadings and dwarves....you've announced your presence with authority.
One out of three ain't bad ...
 

Duckworth Lewis

Personal Assistant
Messages
24,573
Likes
173
#5
Marleykiss said:
Does the HBO run of dominating series continue?  When you stuff an hour drama full of T&A, beheadings and dwarves....you've announced your presence with authority.
TV critics Sepinwall & Feinberg from Hitfix.com -- pretty much the current gold standard -- are super positive on the series, and they've seen 6 episodes down the road. One of them has also read the books and pretty much made the call that this will get greenlit for a 6 to 7 season run.
 

Tsunami

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
27,698
Likes
2,983
#6
Duckworth Lewis said:
TV critics Sepinwall & Feinberg from Hitfix.com -- pretty much the current gold standard -- are super positive on the series, and they've seen 6 episodes down the road. One of them has also read the books and pretty much made the call that this will get greenlit for a 6 to 7 season run.
If we assume that 1 book = 1 season of episodes, then there is enough for 4 seasons right now, with the 5th book due out in July.  The 3rd book might be good for 2 TV seasons though, it's a much longer book.

HowEVUH, Martin is, charitably, a slow writer.  4 books in 15 years.  Might have a few Sopranos-esque delays in between seasons.
 

Smirking Chupacabra

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
53,343
Likes
4,196
#11
Saint Drogo said:
I suppose you liked all of those Sharpe's Whatevers shows
I happened across "Sharpe's Peril" one day and often tried to turn the channel.

Beatrice Rosen convinced me to give the movie a chance ...
 

Duckworth Lewis

Personal Assistant
Messages
24,573
Likes
173
#12
I noticed a certain predilection in the show for the canine technique. Guess they want to make sure we can see the faces of the actors.
 

Tsunami

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
27,698
Likes
2,983
#13
Duckworth Lewis said:
I noticed a certain predilection in the show for the canine technique. Guess they want to make sure we can see the faces of the actors.
The Lanister siblings using that technique (when seen by Bran) was not true to the books.... Khal Drogo and all other Dothraki would quibble with you only to call it the equine technique. 

Daenerys has a tough time of it for a while, but she's one of my favorite characters. 
 

Harpua

Kornmissioner
Staff member
Messages
42,610
Likes
871
#15
I have no idea anyone is talking about.  And since I don't get HBO... not even sure why I am in this thread
 

Tsunami

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
27,698
Likes
2,983
#16
Saint Drogo said:
Talk about your flowing manes.
[img width=200]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20400000/Khal-Drogo-game-of-thrones-20460614-466-700.jpg[/img]
 

Saint Drogo

Personal Assistant
Messages
46,465
Likes
94
#17
Tsunami said:
Talk about your flowing manes.
[img width=200]http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/20400000/Khal-Drogo-game-of-thrones-20460614-466-700.jpg[/img]
Is he wearing a girdle or is he the Intercontinental Light Heavyweight Champion of the Upper Midwest?
 

Marleykiss

Personal Assistant
Messages
16,223
Likes
243
#20
Tsunami said:
The Lanister siblings using that technique (when seen by Bran) was not true to the books.... Khal Drogo and all other Dothraki would quibble with you only to call it the equine technique. 

Daenerys has a tough time of it for a while, but she's one of my favorite characters. 
Wow....how'd you type all that with the blood in your nerd boner.
 

Duckworth Lewis

Personal Assistant
Messages
24,573
Likes
173
#24
Smirking Chupacabra said:
It seems like R-rated hobbittses, so I probably should leave as well.
Actually, what seems to give the conceit of the show some cred is that it's free of non-human races, monsters, and magic. Realistic fantasy, if you will.

(this is what I hear -- readers may know more. Most likely I'm completely wrong)
 
Top