Top 5 Annoyances with the New show

Rob in Arlington

Personal Assistant
Messages
44,855
Likes
1,290
#1
Feel free to add/delete/rerank, etc.

The show being sponsored by M&M
Late cut-ins (particularly to the start and mailbag)
PTI promo
Where's Andy Polley?
Needs more Mailbag
 

DoberDadinMD

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
14,653
Likes
1,274
#8
Harpua said:
podcast fixes some of these problems.
So does not listening at all.  Why is the onus on me to change how I listen rather than on the station to actually *fix* the damn stream. /rant over
 

The Bopper

Personal Assistant
Messages
35,802
Likes
507
#12
Bill Lehecka said:
It doesn't bother me.  It's TK show prep during the show. It's the ultimate in laziness.
It also could inspire a few funny rants, or two...

Its better than anything Bob Ryan or Sam Smith contribute...
 

Rob in Arlington

Personal Assistant
Messages
44,855
Likes
1,290
#13
The Bopper said:
It also could inspire a few funny rants, or two...

Its better than anything Bob Ryan or Sam Smith contribute...
Those guys are made TK guys.  At least he's not talking Idol (or is that starting again soon).
 

The Bopper

Personal Assistant
Messages
35,802
Likes
507
#14
Rob in Arlington said:
Those guys are made TK guys.  At least he's not talking Idol (or is that starting again soon).
But it never provide a wow moment or and fun banter... its boring repetitive news... at least a guy like Junior gets fired up and will battle...
 

johnfarris

Personal Assistant
Messages
7,766
Likes
55
#15
The Bopper said:
But it never provide a wow moment or and fun banter... its boring repetitive news... at least a guy like Junior gets fired up and will battle...
That reminds me...Junior hasn't been on yet.  I wonder why we haven't had a Junior segment in over a week of the show?  He's supposed to be on Sports Reporters today according to the ESPN980 Twitter feed, so he's not banned by Danny Boy.
 

Zinzi74

Umbrella Person
Donator
Messages
3,480
Likes
4
#16
johnfarris said:
That reminds me...Junior hasn't been on yet.  I wonder why we haven't had a Junior segment in over a week of the show?  He's supposed to be on Sports Reporters today according to the ESPN980 Twitter feed, so he's not banned by Danny Boy.
Show #1 Segment #2. 
 

Neil From Rockville

Personal Assistant
Messages
12,055
Likes
91
#18
The Bopper said:
But it never provide a wow moment or and fun banter... its boring repetitive news... at least a guy like Junior gets fired up and will battle...
which is kind of surprising for Ryan, b/c on PTI he goes at it with  :icon_mrtony:
 

djcobra

Personal Assistant
Messages
11,360
Likes
42
#20
The Bopper said:
Am I the only one who doesnt mind the PTI preview? Why so hateful?
I don't mind it either.

The only problems I have are the interminable commercials and the missed intros.  They make it sound like a 3rd rate home podcast.
 

Shad from DC

Umbrella Person
Messages
13,681
Likes
77
#22
This may be individualistic based on my ability to only listen to the first hour on MWF, but the Kevin News Segment is way too sportsy....the segment prior to mailbag is better, but too late for email purposes.  I guess the sportsy nature may be the price that must be paid for being on 980.
 
Top