Review the Movies You are Going to See aka The Kevin Stansfield thread

Rob in Arlington

Personal Assistant
Messages
46,156
Likes
1,879
#1



Moonrise Kingdom: Directed by Wes Anderson  starring Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Harvey Keitel, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton and Jason Schwartzman.

Premise: A young couple runs off together, prompting an entire town (of whackos) to set out to find them. Presumably, hijinks ensue.

Prediction: Too many heavy hitters usually means disaster, and the premise is woefully underwhelming.  Still, HK as a boy scout leader?  Could get weird.
 

Lambeth98

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
62,468
Likes
3,650
#3
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

Don't see any spring chickens. So who's the young couple, Norton and Schwartzman?
 

Harpua

Kornmissioner
Staff member
Messages
43,387
Likes
1,344
#5
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

Rob in Arlington said:



Moonrise Kingdom: Directed by Wes Anderson  starring Edward Norton, Bruce Willis, Harvey Keitel, Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, Tilda Swinton and Jason Schwartzman.

Premise: A young couple runs off together, prompting an entire town (of whackos) to set out to find them. Presumably, hijinks ensue.

Prediction: Too many heavy hitters usually means disaster, and the premise is woefully underwhelming.  Still, HK as a boy scout leader?  Could get weird.
could be good... like Rushmore or Royal Tenenbaums...  or bad like The Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited
 

rumi17

Umbrella Person
Messages
834
Likes
1
#7
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

Harpua said:
could be good... like Rushmore or Royal Tenenbaums...  or bad like The Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited
The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou is one of my faves.  Bill Murray with a gun, a pregnant Cate Blanchette, great Bowie music, Owen Wilson dies...What more could you possibly want in a movie?
 

The Bopper

Personal Assistant
Messages
35,816
Likes
516
#8
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

Harpua said:
could be good... like Rushmore or Royal Tenenbaums...  or bad like The Life Aquatic and Darjeeling Limited
WRONG, Life Aquatic was great.
 

Rob in Arlington

Personal Assistant
Messages
46,156
Likes
1,879
#9
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See



This looks like some kind of finding/losing religion movie, BUT, Claire Holt!  Wowza!

[img width=250]http://www.teenidols4you.com/blink/Actors/claireholt/claireholt_1269011456.jpg[/img]
 

Lambeth98

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
62,468
Likes
3,650
#10
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

Rob in Arlington said:
This looks like some kind of finding/losing religion movie, BUT, Claire Holt!  Wowza!
She has a black belt. Kinky.
 

Penfold

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
Messages
39,655
Likes
2,553
#11
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

Rob in Arlington said:


This looks like some kind of finding/losing religion movie, BUT, Claire Holt!  Wowza!
Blue Like Jazz is a great book.  I'm looking forward to how it's going to translate as a movie...
 

Lambeth98

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
62,468
Likes
3,650
#17
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

Rob in Arlington said:
Not planning to see Iron Maiden, but I liked this:

[image removed]
It's heavier on her retirement years and mental decline than I was expecting. A cynic would say it's an attempt to elicit sympathy. Even Meryl can do only so much with the storytelling.
 

Tsunami

Personal Assistant
Donator
Messages
29,401
Likes
4,587
#24
Re: Review the Movies You are Going to See

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuzyODgWRp4[/youtube]

We'll be there...the first one is a favorite in this house.
 
Top